Edible Galactica

| Tuesday, January 25
Inspired by two Battlestar Galactica sweets that were brought to my attention yesterday, a really detailed Galactica replica in cake form and custom insignia chocolate molds, I decided to round up a bunch more that I'd either seen in the past or had hunted down myself. Thanks for the inspiration Autumn

Insignia Cakes
 By Archana Rao at Love Street Cakes, Brooklyn, NY

Simplified version in fondant from Cakes by Charissa

A very sparkly version by Jen in Omaha



A Very Special Galactica Cake
This incredible tiered masterpiece was made by Zoe at Whipped Bakeshop in Philadelphia, PA for Geekadelphia's BSG Party.

Cylon Cakes
 Cylon Centurion cake from Sugar Butter Flour in Sunnyvale, CA

 
Cylon Raider cake from Homemade by Jill

Cylon Centurion cake with working eye! (from YouTube)

Mandala Cakes
Starbuck's Mandala cupcakes with pulled sugar mandalas!! By Jessica Petersen at Pie of the Tiger

BSG Cake
"Eye of Jupiter" cake by catoholic (also made cool mandala chocolates!)

2 comments:

Autumn said...

AAAA! AAAAAAA! So much awesome! I love them all. You know, I had mandala cookies at my wedding? (accepting fate and all that, you know)

Anonymous said...

Those are epic. ANd look REALLY good. I want cake now :(

Post a Comment