Prepare to Squee!

| Tuesday, April 13






Okay, so not that it's apparently official or anything, but the interweb is blowin' up with news about the one and only Joss Whedon apparently signing on to direct The Avengers.

I mean, if your brother is tweeting the news, though, it's gotta be pretty accurate, right? This is what Zach Whedon said just a few minutes ago.

See, not only am I a Whedon fangirl when it comes to his tv shows, I also LOVE his comics. He's written some seriously awesome comics, such as Fray (Dark Horse) and his run of The Astonishing X-Men Volume 3 #1-24 (Marvel). He's also obviously written or overseen spin-offs of his own shows, Buffy (Dark Horse), Serenity (Dark Horse) and Angel (IDW). So, to bring someone like him on board for such an epic movie makes me want to squee more than just a little bit!

It even makes up for the fact that Chris Evans is Captain America, Steve Rogers. Okay, almost, but not quite. You owe me, Marvel!

4 comments:

Amber said...

I'd actually be more interested in hearing that he was writing the script. I love Joss Whedon as much as the next fangirl but I think his strength is in writing and not necessarily directing. But I guess if he's directing some of those infamous Whedon one-liners will find their way into the movie. Cool news, nonetheless.

Eleni said...

This is definitely awesome. He's also doing rewrites for the script.

I hope you'll excuse me but I also have to blog about this ;)

Kara said...

Yeah, the Variety article did say he'd be in on the rewrite, so his voice and wit will definitely find its way in there. Yay!

Tabitha Wells said...

That is AWESOME!

Maybe they could hire him on for the next X-men movie so that he could repair the damage done by X-3

Post a Comment